Homemade Khatta Dhokla | How To make Khatta Dhokla Recipe
This recipe of Khatta Dhokla is a fermented variant. It is a light, healthy, and easy to make snack recipe. ‘Khatta’ means sour and these Dhokla do have a slightly sour taste.
A Khatta Dhokla recipe is a fermented and steamed sour cake made from rice, gram (chana dal) & sour yogurt. It is light and spongy. This Khatta Dhokla recipe is very nutritious and delicious with low fat and gluten-free meal from Gujarati food.
This recipe is made of rice flour and chickpea (chana) dal flour. Those are easily available in local stores. That gives the best traditional flavors of Dhokla. Typically it is hard to find the Khatta Dhokla instant mix outside of India. So here I share my Khatta Dhokla recipe from scratch without any specific mixture. You can make this Khatta Dhokla recipe with handy elements at your home.
how to make Homemade Khatta Dhokla | How To make Khatta Dhokla Recipe recipe with step by step photo:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup chana dal ad 2 cup rice. Wash properly.
- Then add warm water. Sock for 2 hours.
- Grind it. Make it smooth paste. Then add 1 tbsp turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Add 1 cup buttermilk. Put it aside, make fermentation for 6-8 hours in sunshine.
- After fermentation, add 1 ½ tbsp fruit salt.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Grease the plate with oil.
- Put mixture in plate and spread equally and sprinkle red chili powder.
- Put in steamer, and steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into diamond shape and serve it with oil and ketch up.
- Do not batter too thick or too thin. Otherwise, it will not come out spongy.
- If you are using baking soda in place of ENO, then follow the given directions.
- If you don't have baking soda, you can use fruit salt.
- You can keep the prepared batter for up to a week inside the refrigerator and use it whenever you want.
- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 1 Cup
- Chana Dal
- 2 Cup
- 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder
- 1 Cup
- 11.2 Tbsp
- Fruit Salt