Raw Tamarind Chutney | How to prepare Raw Tamarind Chutney
Sweet and Sour raw Tamarind Chutney or kachi Imli Ki Chutney (South) is a delicious Indian sauce made using tamarind, ginger, and spices. This easy-to-make chutney can be used for making Bhel Puri, can be served with samosa, and is an integral part of any Indian Chaat.
Going by its name, Kachi imli ka Panna recipe or kachi imli ki Chutney or Raw Tamarind Chutney has a peculiarly tangy taste that attracts the taste buds of kids, youngsters, and even senior citizens.
It is sweet, tangy, spicy, and sour, all at the same time. This chutney gets its flavors mainly from tamarind, and ginger along with a few more spice ingredients.
You can make raw tamarind chutney for chaat, panipuri, bhel puri, dahi puri, and dahi vada. This recipe may be known as the 'kachi imli ka Panna recipe'
A great time to store the fresh raw tamarind pods in the winter as they are seasonal produce. Raw tamarind pods are a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Raw tamarind chutney or hunasekayi thokku is an easy recipe followed in many parts of south India. Sour, spicy, and sweet condiment and great companion of plain rice, dosa, idly.
how to make Raw Tamarind Chutney | How to prepare Raw Tamarind Chutney recipe with step by step photo:
- Take hand blender and add 1 cup chopped tamarind.
- Add ¼ cup chopped green chilies. Add one spicy chili. Add salt to taste.
- Make grind and smash it completely.
- Add 1 little ginger piece in the hand grinder, and Add 1.2 tbsp. cumin powder.
- Serve it homemade tamarind chutney with traditional style.
- Carefully remove the skin of raw tamarind otherwise you tend to lose the flesh pulp attached to string or fiber.
- Adjust the quantity of cumin powder and green chilies as per taste.
- I have used a little piece of ginger and small green chilies for the fresh tamarind are very tangy, it requires a lot more salt and spiciness to balance the flavor.
- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 1 cup
- Chopped Raw Tamarind
- 1.4 cup
- Chopped Green Chili
- 1 -
- Spicy Green Chili
- 1 Tsp
- 1 -
- 1.2 Tsp
- Cumin Powder