Table of Contents
In this recipe, I make the thepla with an Italian touch. This Italian Veg Thepla recipe is made with Italian Seasonings like chili flecks, oregano, and mixed herbs, and regular thepla’s seasoning spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Italian Seasoning gives any recipe to the savory and delicious taste.
The Thepla recipe is one of the most popular & healthy Gujarati breakfast recipes. Most people eating their Thepla with curd or mango pickle. This thepla is commonly & often prepared in most Gujarati households not only for breakfast but also for their meal and snacks too.
This Italian thepla recipe comes in very handy as a lunch box recipe and also for a Tiffin box while traveling. Thepla’s recipe from Gujarati cuisine, but very well popular all over India.
Italian Veg Thepla has a longer shelf life compared to normal roti’s and can be easily preserved for 3 days at room temperature. It is prepared very similarly to the methi paratha recipe, however, besan or gram flour is added to make it soft.
Veg Thepla Video Recipe :
- 500 Gm Wheat Floor
- 1.2 Cup Bottle Gourd [Lauki]
- 1.2 Cup Carrot
- 1 Big Capsicum
- 1 Cup Cabbage
- 11.2 Tbsp Chili Flackes
- 1 Tbsp Oragano
- 1 Tbsp Mix Herbs
- 0.5 - Salt
- 12 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.2 Tsp Asafoetida [Hing]
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 11.2 Tbsp Oil
How to make Italian Veg Thepla | Gujarati Dishes With Italian Twist recipe :
- Take a bowl and add 500 gm. wheat flour.
- Add ½ cup bottle gourd, ½ cup chopped carrot, and 1 cup chopped capsicum.
- Add ½ cup chopped cabbage.
- Add 1 ½ tbsp chili flakes, 1 tbsp oregano, and 1 tbsp mix herbs.
- Add salt as per taste, ½ tbsp turmeric powder, ½ tbsp asafoetida.
- Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 ½ tbsp oil. Mix well.
- Add water if needed. Make soft dough.
- Take small portion of dough and roll it and if want shape then cut it into choice shape.
- Roast on tawa with oil.
- Serve it with buttermilk and pickle.
- Make sure that dough is soft and smooth to prepare soft thepla.
- If you want to keep it for more than 2-3 days, don't add fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, and garlic, instead ass 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds with other ingredients to prepare the dough.
- Apply a small amount of butter or ghee on one side after transferring it to the plate and while it's still hot. It will add a nice aroma to its taste and make it softer.
How to make Italian Veg Thepla | Gujarati Dishes With Italian Twist recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take a bowl and add 500 gm. wheat flour.
2. Add ½ cup bottle gourd, ½ cup chopped carrot, and 1 cup chopped capsicum.
3. Add ½ cup chopped cabbage.
4. Add 1 ½ tbsp chili flakes, 1 tbsp oregano, and 1 tbsp mix herbs.
5. Add salt as per taste, ½ tbsp turmeric powder, ½ tbsp asafoetida.
6. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 ½ tbsp oil. Mix well.
7. Add water if needed. Make soft dough.
8. Take small portion of dough and roll it and if want shape then cut it into choice shape.
9. Roast on tawa with oil.
10. Serve it with buttermilk and pickle.