Table of Contents
Green chutney, also known as coriander or hari chutney, is a refreshing Indian condiment that goes with nearly everything from samosas to seafood to chaat. At its core, it is a purée of coriander, chilies and lemon juice, with different regional variants calling for the addition of various spices and flavorings.
Are you finding the best recipe of green chutney or hari chutney? So you are at the right place. Get the yummy, tasty green chutney. That you can take on fasting days, and you can put it with festival side dish.
It is difficult to imagine any chaat recipe without a side serving of this green chutney along with date tamarind chutney aka sweet chutney. A chaat which is a mixture of misfits or fits put together or assembled has no or little taste on its own.
But what makes the chaat everyone’s favorite taking it to a whole new level that tickles your taste buds is the addition of this green chutney along with date tamarind chutney.
Indian Chutneys vary across different tastes like sweet, salty, sour and chili hot etc. it is one of the finest examples of Indian savory chutney recipes.
Chaat recipes are heart of Indian street food recipes and any chaat is incomplete without Green Chutney. Each chaat corners of India add this flavored and spicy hari chutney in Papdi chaat, Bhel puri, Sev puri, Raj kachori, Samosa chaat, Samosa, Dosa, and Vada etc.
Green Chutney Video Recipe :
- 11.2 Cup Green Chopped Chilies
- 1.2 Tbsp Ginger
- 3.4 Cup Palak Leaves
- 1.4 Cup Peanuts
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1.2 Tsp Black Salt
- 1 - Lemon Juice
- 1.4 Cup Water
How to make How to Make Green Chutney | Hari Chutney recipe:
- Take bender jar and add 1 ½ cup green-chopped chillies.
- Add some coriander and ½ tbsp. Ginger.
- Add 3-4 palak leaves.
- Add ¼ cup peanuts and salt as per taste.
- Add ½ tbsp. Black salt.
- Add 1 lemon juice.
- Add ¼ cup water in the jar. Blend it.
- Put out in the bowl and serve it with any dish.
- Increase the amount of green chili based on spice level.
- Adjust the amount of water based on the consistency you are looking for.
- Green chutney for chaat stays good for a month when stored in refrigerator.
How to make How to Make Green Chutney | Hari Chutney recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take bender jar and add 1 ½ cup green-chopped chillies.
2. Add some coriander and ½ tbsp. Ginger.
3. Add 3-4 palak leaves.
4. Add ¼ cup peanuts and salt as per taste.
5. Add ½ tbsp. Black salt.
6. Add 1 lemon juice.
7. Add ¼ cup water in the jar. Blend it.
8. Put out in the bowl and serve it with any dish.