Table of Contents
Homemade Coconut chutney recipe is famous chutney all across south india which is made using fresh coconut usually eaten as a side dish with idli, dosa or any south indian breakfast recipes.
In this recipe, i make the coconut chutney recipe with easily available ingredients at home. This chutney is prepared with many variations and every variation is a perfect combination to be eaten with all kinds of south indian breakfast.
All the ingredients needed for this recipe are easily available at local indian grocery stores. This homemade Coconut Chutney recipe is so versatile, that you can even make the coconut chutney hotel-style using unsweetened desiccated coconut.
This perfectly spiced chutney has a flitting hint of sweetness, and is served as a perfect dish with indian meals. What’s more, it can be easily changed to many interesting flavors by changing just an ingredient or two and each option is just as delicious!
Coconut Chutney Video Recipe :
- 1 Cup Fresh Coconut
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 - Chili
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Chana Dal [Dalia]
- 11.2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 6 - Curry Leaves
How to make How to Make Coconut Chutney | Homemade Coconut Chutney recipe:
- Take blander jar and add 1 cup fresh coconut.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add 1 tbsp spicy green chili and 1 tbsp roasted chana dal.
- Add some water. Grind it and make smooth paste.
- Take a small pan add 1 ½ tbsp oil.
- Add 1 tbsp mustard seeds and some curry leaves.
- Put that oil in coconut paste. Mix it well.
- Add salt if needed mix it well. Then serve it with any south Indian dishes.
- Easy to make, this coconut chutney recipe stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to four days and freezes well too. So go ahead and double up the recipe and freeze in small portions. When you are ready to enjoy, simply allow the chutney to melt overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for half an hour.
- Serve it with South Indian breakfast foods such as steaming hot idli, dosa, uttapam, upma, etc.
How to make Homemade Coconut Chutney recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take blander jar and add 1 cup fresh coconut.
2. Add salt as per taste.
3. Add 1 tbsp spicy green chili and 1 tbsp roasted chana dal.
4. Add some water. Grind it and make smooth paste.
5. Take a small pan add 1 ½ tbsp oil.
6. Add 1 tbsp mustard seeds and some curry leaves.
7. Put that oil in coconut paste. Mix it well.
8. Add salt if needed mix it well. Then serve it with any south Indian dishes.