Table of Contents
Khajur Imli Ki Chutney is a tangy, sour and sweet in a taste. Khajur Imli Ki Chutney made from dates and tamarind. As Khajur Imli Ki Chutney is too sweet, it is also called Sweet Chutney. The Dates and Tamarind Chutney is an essential part of the cuisine, especially in central and northern regions of India.
To make the Date Tamarind Chutney we pressure cooked the dates, tamarind and jaggery together along with some water and then blended it to make a coarse chutney with the help of a hand blender.
The pressure cooker method reduces the cooking time to a great extent and also helps you make the Date Tamarind Chutney in one pot. Making date tamarind chutney is quite easy if you add the ingredients in correct ratio to balance the sweet and sour taste of it.
Serve Date and Tamarind Chutney Recipe – Khajur Imli Chutney along with Samosa or Bread Pakora Recipe, or add it to Dahi Batata Puri Chaat and enjoy. Topping this chutney for chaats is an absolute must-have, the best chaat experience.
Khajur Imli Chutney Video Recipe :
- 3.4 Cup Dates
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind
- 1 Glass Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1.2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1.4 Cup Garam Masala
- 1.4 Cup jaggery
How to make Khajur Imli Chutney | Date Chutney recipe:
- Take presser cooker and add ¾ cup date (Khajur).
- Add 1 tbsp tamarind (imli).
- Add 1 glass water in the cooker. Cook till 2 whistle on medium flame.
- Bland it and stain it.
- Add salt as per taste and 1 tbsp red chili powder.
- ½ tbsp cumin powder and 1/4 tbsp garam masala.
- Add ¼ cup jaggery. Mix it well.
- Put it in bowl and serve with ragda puri or Pani Puri.
- You can have the consistency of the chutney as per your choice. Simply alter the amount of water and make the imli chutney slightly thin or thick as per your requirements.
- Use fresh ingredients. Do not use aged tamarind as the taste of the chutney will be different and the color will be very dark.
- You can easily store tamarind chutney in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 months. You can even freeze it to last longer. Simply thaw before using.
How to make Khajur Imli ki Chutney | Date Chutney recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take presser cooker and add ¾ cup date (Khajur).
2. Add 1 tbsp tamarind (imli).
3. Add 1 glass water in the cooker. Cook till 2 whistle on medium flame.
4. Bland it and stain it.
5. Add salt as per taste and 1 tbsp red chili powder.
6. ½ tbsp cumin powder and 1/4 tbsp garam masala.
7. Add ¼ cup jaggery. Mix it well.
8. Put it in bowl and serve with ragda puri or Pani Puri.