Table of Contents
Tikha Gathiya is a popular tea-time Gujarati snack made from deep frying the spiced besan mixture. The recipe is very similar to the farsan or Kara sev but less crispy and melts like butter in the mouth. This savory and crunchy snack is also locally or natively known as the gathiya recipe in various parts of Gujarat.
Gujarat cuisine or Gujarati recipes are known for their besan-related snacks which are popular across India. Bhavnagari tikha gathiya and sev is one such easy tea-time evening snack prepared from chickpea flour. It is quick and easy to prepare and is liked by kids, adults, and all age groups.
To make tikha gathiya, we just need gram flour (besan), red chili powder, oil, turmeric powder (Haldi), rock salt (Kala namak), asafoetida (hing), and salt to taste. Mix these all ingredients in one big bowl and knead the dough. Once the dough is kneaded we can start frying the gathiya. That’s it and you can make this yummy crispy snack.
This tikha gathiya is a popular teatime snack and there are different variations of this snack such as bhavnagari gathiya, papdi gathiya, fafda gathiya, methi gathiya, and the list goes on and on.
Tikha Gathiya Video Recipe :
- 2 Bowl Gram Flour
- 1 Tsp Black Salt
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Soda Bi Card
- 11.2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 - Water added Gradually
How to make Tikha Gathiya | Bhavnagari Teekha Gathiya Recipe recipe:
- Take a bowl and add 2 cup gram flour.
- Add 2 tbsp. black salt and salt as per taste, 2 tbsp. turmeric powder, 2 tbsp. red chili powder, and 1 tbsp. soda bi carb.
- Add 1 ½ tbsp. oil. Mix it well.
- Add water gradually until it require. Make soft dough.
- Take gathiya maker, grease with oil then fill with dough.
- After that make gathiya and deep fry it.
- Ready to serve hot tikha gathiya.
- Knead gathiya dough with hot water and hot oil mixture.
- Fry gathiya on medium flame for crispy texture.
- Do not use baking soda more than ½ tbsp.
- When you start pressing gathiya dough in oil using sancha machine, make sure you do in gentle circular motion and do not overlap it.
How to make Tikha Gathiya | Bhavnagari Teekha Gathiya Recipe recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take a bowl and add 2 cups of gram flour.
2. Add 2 tbsp. black salt and salt as per taste, 2 tbsp. turmeric powder, 2 tbsp. red chili powder, and 1 tbsp. soda bi carb.
3. Add 1 ½ tbsp. oil. Mix it well.
4. Add water gradually until it require. Make soft dough.
5. Take gathiya maker, grease with oil then fill with dough.
6. After that make gathiya and deep fry it.
7. Ready to serve hot tikha gathiya.