Table of Contents
Farali peanuts Khichdi is a go-to snack while fasting. It’s delicious, it’s easy to make, and keeps you satiated for a long time. Eating Farali peanuts Khichdi while fasting is healthful than eating potatoes all through the day. Apart from fruits, milk, and potatoes, there are not many options to eat during fast. And that is why Farali peanuts Khichdi are a good choice.
In the fasting season, foodies will be looking for fasting recipes. And as the ingredients used in fasting dishes are minimum we have to use the same ingredients and make new foods.
Farali Peanuts Khichdi is a wide variation of Khichdi which are served in the Indian kitchens like Sabudana Khichdi, masala Khichdi, dal Khichdi, and so on. One of the huge varieties includes ‘Peanuts Khichdi’. This delicious Khichdi is cooked with potato, curry leaves, roasted peanuts, and a mixture of spices.
Peanuts are protein storage. This is one of the most significant health benefits of peanuts. It is a great plan to make it your main protein source as it is surely much more affordable than your supplements. In this peanut Khichdi doesn’t use a lot of flavorings spice and that’s because it’s often made during the fasting season and a lot of spices are prevented to be eaten during that time.
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Jiru
6 - Curry Leaves
1 Tbsp Ginger
1 Big Chopped Tomatos
1 Cup Cursed Peanuts
1 Bowl Buttermilk
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Black Paper Powder
1.2 Tsp Black Salt
1 - Chopped Capsicum
1 Bowl Boiled Potatoes
2 - Chopped Green Chillies
1 - Chopped Tomatoes
1 - Coriander Leaves
How to make Homemade Farali Peanuts Khichdi | Peanuts Khichdi recipe :
- Take a pan and 2 tbsp oil.
- Add 1 tbsp cumin seeds, some curry leaves, and 1 tbsp grated ginger,sauté well.
- Add 1 cup chopped tomato. Saute well.
- Add 1 cup crushed peanuts.
- Add 1 bowl buttermilk. Mix well. Then add 1 cup water.
- Add salt as per taste, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp black paper powder, and ½ tbsp black salt. Mix well. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chopped capsicum.
- Add 1 bowl boiled potatoes. Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- After that add 2 tbsp chopped green chilies.
- Ready to eat. Serve it with coriander leaves.
- Rinse the sabudana pearls very well in water.
- Depending on the quality of sabudana you soak them in less or more water or for less or more time.
- After the sabudana pearls are soaked well, drain all the water very well.
- Potatoes can be boiled, steamed or fried and then added to sabudana khichdi.
- Roast peanuts , crush them and store them in an air tight container so that it’s available handy whenever needed
- You can skip green chilies and coriander leaves if you want.
- You may add pomegranate or grated coconut if desired
- For Hindu fasting during ekadashi, navratri, mahashivratri, please add rock salt in the sabudana khichdi.
How to make Homemade Farali Peanuts Khichdi | Peanuts Khichdi recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take a pan and 2 tbsp oil.
2. Add 1 tbsp cumin seeds, some curry leaves, and 1 tbsp grated ginger,sauté well.
3. Add 1 cup chopped tomato. Saute well.
4. Add 1 cup crushed peanuts.
5. Add 1 bowl buttermilk. Mix well. Then add 1 cup water.
6. Add salt as per taste, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp black paper powder, and ½ tbsp black salt. Mix well. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup chopped capsicum.
8. Add 1 bowl boiled potatoes. Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
9. After that add 2 tbsp chopped green chilies.
10. Ready to eat. Serve it with coriander leaves.