Table of Contents
This Mawa peda recipe is made with khoya or mawa and tastes too good. Mawa is creamy, delicate in flavor yet adds richness. It has a nuttiness from the milk solids. This mawa peda recipe is the easiest sweet to make as compared to other sweet or dessert dishes.
Peda is one of the popular Indian sweets. Mawa peda is a perfect choice for celebrations or any festive menu during Holi, Diwali, or Navratri. Mawa peda or khoya peda is calorie rich but hard to resist, indulgent Indian sweet.
To make Mawa Peda At home, take Full fat milk is cooked on low flame till it is reduced to one fourth of its original quantity. Sugar and cardamom powder is added to the mawa mixture which is cooked on low flame till it leaves the sides of the pan. The more you will roast the mawa, the better it would taste and can be stored and consumed for many days.
Make Small balls and rolled out after cool down the mawa mixture. Make the pattern on the top of the balls as your choice. After that garnished the mawa balls with nuts, almonds, and crushed cashew nuts slices.
The flavor of mawa peda or khoya peda is unique because it doesn’t require many flavors. The creaminess of the mawa is so delicious. The mawa peda will always be a part of Indian festivals. Also, you can well serve an Indian afternoon tea.
mawa peda Video Recipe :
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 250 Gm Fresh Greated Khoya [mawa]
- 1 Tbsp Butterscotch Essence
- 1.2 cup Sugar
- 250 Gm Maida Flour
- 1.4 cup Baking Powder
- 1.4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Red Food Color
- 1 Tsp Blue Food Color
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1 Tsp Orange Food Color
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 250 Gm Fresh Greated Khoya [Mawa]
- 1.2 cup Sugar
- 1.2 Tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 1.2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
How to make Peda Recipe - Mawa Peda Recipe | Khoya Peda recipe :
- Take 1 tbsp. ghee.
- Ad 250gm. Fresh grated Khoya (mawa).
- Mix it well. On low flame but not overcook it.
- Add ½ cup sugar. Cook until sugar dissolve completely.
- Add ½ tbsp. cardamom powder. Mix it until mixture become sticky. After that make cool down.
- After that cool down mixture. Take small portion and make small balls of mixtures, then gives a nice shape which you want.
- Ready to serve and eat it.
- This peda recipe can be halved, doubled, or tripled.
- You can use homemade or store brought khoya.
- Almonds or cashew nuts can also be used for decoration on top.
- If using frozen mawa, make sure you defrost fully before using it.
- Do not cook the peda mixture for too long and don't let it cool completely before shaping them.
How to make Peda Recipe – Mawa Peda Recipe | Khoya Peda recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take 1 tbsp. ghee.
2. Ad 250gm. Fresh grated Khoya (mawa).
3. Mix it well. On low flame but not overcook it.
4. Add ½ cup sugar. Cook until sugar dissolve completely.
5. Add ½ tbsp. cardamom powder. Mix it until mixture become sticky. After that make cool down.
6. After that cool down mixture. Take small portion and make small balls of mixtures, then gives a nice shape which you want.
7. Ready to serve and eat it.