Table of Contents
I make foolproof Sago Khichdi recipe with complete tips and tricks to make soft, non-sticky and delicious sabudana khichdi. Sabudana khichdi dish is extremely popular in India during the fasting season of Navratri, mahashivratri or Ekadashi.
This Sago Khichdi is extremely simple and yet so flavorful. It’s usually flavored with peanuts, chilies, cumin and curry leaves. This khichdi doesn’t use a lot of spices and that’s because it’s often made during the fasting season. It’s the simplicity of the dish which makes it so wonderful.
Sabudana Khichdi is one of the most popular comfort food in India. It’s also know by sago khichdi. Sabudana khichdi makes an appetizing and filling breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack and with few minutes of pre preparation for this recipe it’s become delicious meal for fasting days.
1 Cup Sabudana
1 Cup Peanute
2 Tbsp Oil
02 Tbsp Ginger
4-5 Curry Leaves
02 Tbsp Chopped Green Chilies
1 Bowl Par Boil Potatoes
1 Tbsp Black Paper Powder
1 Tbsp Lemon
02 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Coriender
How to make Sago Khichdi | Sabudana Khichdi | Farali Peanuts Khichdi recipe:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup sabudana. Wash them properly.
- Add 1 cup water and sock for 3-4 hours.
- Take a pan and add 1 cup peanuts. Roast it and grind it.
- Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add ½ tbsp grated ginger and 5-6 curry leaves. Then add ½ tbsp chopped green chilies.
- Add grinded peanuts. Mix it well.
- Add 1 bowl boiled potato. Add salt as per taste and simmer for 5 -6 minutes.
- Strain the sabudana with putting 1 tbsp oil.
- Add socked sabudana into pan.
- Add 1 tbsp black paper powder.
- Add 1 tbsp lemon juice. Add ½ tbsp sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp chopped coriander.
- Ready to serve.
- Rinse the sabudana pearls very well in water.
- Depending on the quality of sabudana you soak them in less or more water or for less or more time.
- After the sabudana pearls are soaked well, drain all the water very well.
- Potatoes can be boiled, steamed or fried and then added to sabudana khichdi.
- Roast peanuts , crush them and store them in an air tight container so that it’s available handy whenever needed
- You can skip green chilies and coriander leaves if you want.
- You may add pomegranate or grated coconut if desired
- For Hindu fasting during ekadashi, navratri, mahashivratri, please add rock salt in the sabudana khichdi.
How to make Sago Khichdi | Sabudana Khichdi | Peanuts Khichdi recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take a bowl and add 1 cup sabudana. Wash them properly.
2. Add 1 cup water and sock for 3-4 hours.
3. Take a pan and add 1 cup peanuts. Roast it and grind it.
4. Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil.
5. Add ½ tbsp grated ginger and 5-6 curry leaves. Then add ½ tbsp chopped green chilies.
6. Add grinded peanuts. Mix it well.
7. Add 1 bowl boiled potato. Add salt as per taste and simmer for 5 -6 minutes.
8. Strain the sabudana with putting 1 tbsp oil.
9. Add socked sabudana into pan.
10. Add 1 tbsp black paper powder.
11. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice. Add ½ tbsp sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Add 2 tbsp chopped coriander.
13. Ready to serve.