Farali Medu Vada | Upwas Vrat Special Vada Recipe
Medu vada is one of those unforgettable Southern Indian meals. It is served with steaming hot Sambar and fresh coconut chutney. Farali Medu Vada and Farali Chutney Recipe - Upvas Vrat Special Vada Recipe/ Navratri Fasting Recipe.
A crispy delicious Farali Vada is made from potato and Sama flour so it is a totally farali recipe that is best to have during fasting days. You can have Farali vada with masala curd (yogurt) or green chutney.
Farali Medu Vada Recipe. This amazing fasting recipe is the best option for this Navratri. Do try this recipe at home. Farali medu vada is specially made to be eaten during fasting days like Shravan mas, Navratri, and many other fasting occasions.
It is usually made in a doughnut shape, with a crispy exterior and soft interior. These are mostly made without onions, ginger, pepper & chilies based on the family customs.
Medu Vada or simply Vada are crispy fritters made with urad daal and enjoyed with sambar or chutney. They are usually served alongside idli as part of a perfect South Indian.
how to make Farali Medu Vada | Upwas Vrat Special Vada Recipe recipe with step by step photo:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup Sama. Wash with water properly. Then add 2 cup water and rest it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the water and keep aside.
- Take another pan and add 2 cup water, add wet Sama. Stir it. Add salt as per taste.
- Cover it with lid and cook until that become thick consistency on low flame. Stir in between time that become thick. After that cool down and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and add cooked Sama.
- Add 1 ½ cup boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add 1 cup crushed peanuts.
- Add 1 tbsp. grated ginger, 2 tbsp. chopped green chilies, and 2 tbsp. coriander leaves.
- Add salt as per taste, 1 tbsp. paprika. Mix it well and make a dough.
- After 10 minutes rest, grease hand with oil and take some portion of the dough. Make patty and do hole in center of the patty.
- Deep fry the patties.
- Serve it with green chutney.
- Add ginger and green chili paste, salt and cumin seeds to it. Mix well.
- Make sure that is oil is sufficiently hot, otherwise vada may break or cracks while frying.
- Add rajgira flour for more crispiness and other variation.
- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 1 Cup
- 2 Cup
- 1 Tsp
- 11.2 Bowl
- Boiled Potato
- 1 Cup
- Crushed Peanutes
- 1 Tbsp
- Greated Ginger
- 2 Tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Tbsp