Thandai Ice-cream |How To Make Ice-cream With Thandai Powder
Thandai ice cream comes out very smooth & creamy in texture and heavenly delicious in taste!It is flavored with saffron, pepper, cardamom, and fennel and studded with nuts. This ice cream celebrates Indian Spring and the traditional thandai.
The thandai ice cream is simple recipe with minimal ingredients. The ingredients are milk, thandai syrup, chilled cream and some crush of dry fruits to give this ice cream a rich taste.
How to make ice cream with thandai powder? Firstly, warm up the milk, add sugar, add milk powder and make it thick consistency. Then add thandai powder paste. Stir well. After that add dry fruit crush and cream. Freeze that for 6-8 hours. Lastly, serve this thandai ice cream as chilled.
Thandai powder is a blend of Indian spices and nuts such as green cardamom, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, peppercorns, melon seeds, saffron, almonds, cashews, pistachios, and nutmeg.
It’s a very fragrant and versatile spice-blend used in a traditional North Indian Holi drink – Thandai; which also happens to be a summer coolant.
Thandai ice cream is a very good ice cream to have for dessert. Also, this thandai ice cream delicious and low-calorie treat for diabetics, this tastes best when made using fresh thandai paste. You can store the extra paste of Thandai ice cream to make milkshakes or ice cream later on.
how to make Thandai Ice-cream |How To Make Ice-cream With Thandai Powder recipe with step by step photo:
- Take 500 ml Amul gold milk and in the pan.
- Add ½ cup sugar in the milk.
- Boil it properly on medium flame.
- After that add ½ cup milk powder.
- Add 3 tbsp. thandai paste in the milk.
- Mix and boil it till it become thick consistency.
- Add 1 tbsp. mix dry fruit crush in the milk. Mix it well and keep aside for cool down.
- After cool down mixture, add ½ cup fresh cream in the milk mixture.
- Mix it well.
- After that extract the mixture into square bowl and set it. Decorate with pistachio crush.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and freeze it for 6-8 hours.
- After 6-8 hours freeze the ice cream unwrap the cover.
- Serve it chilled and enjoy!!
- This recipe can be easily doubled. Store in two or more containers as needed for proper freezing.
- Thandai ice cream can be stored easily for 2-3 weeks in the freezer. It can be stored longer but may result in ice crystals due to refreezing.
- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 500 Ml
- Amul Gold Milk
- 1.4 Cup
- 1.2 Tbsp
- Milk Powder
- 3 Tbsp
- Thandai Pasta
- 1 Tbsp
- Dry Fruit Crush
- 1.2 Cup
- Fresh Cream