Table of Contents
Pakora made with greens are very popular, here is one such recipe of Methi Pakoda. With added goodness of fenugreek leaves, it makes the pakora even more tastier.Pakora are made with different veggies. There are also many regional variations in the recipes.
An addition of fenugreek leaves will give a twist to the pakoras and will make the pakoras even more tastier. It is a perfect snack for rainy or winter days with a hot cup of tea.
For those who doesn’t know, methi is fenugreek leaves and gota means pakoda or fritters. So methi Na gota = fenugreek leaves pakoda = fenugreek leaves fritters.
These mouthwatering methi gota are light and fluffy and spongy from inside and crunchy from outside. Usually pakoda and gota are different. Methi Pakoda are little crispy and has less water added while making batter, while gota are soft, spongy and batter is thin compared to Punjabi pakoda.
It is very popular snack from Gujarat. You will find these methi pakoda in every shop which sells snacks aka ‘Farsan’ in Gujarat. Apart from winter, it tastes best in monsoon.
Serve methi pakoda as a starter or as a tea time snack with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup. You can also have them with roti or sandwich them between bread slices.
Methi Pakoda video Recipe :
- 11.2 Bowl Methi
- 1 Bowl Chopped Palak
- 1 Cup Chopped Spring Onion
- 11.2 CUp Chopped Onions
- 1.2 Tbsp Greated Ginger
- 1.3 Cup Chopped Garlic
- 1.2 Cup Copped Green Chilies
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Paper Powder
- 5 Cup Gram Flour Added Gradually
- 1 Tsp Soda Bi Card
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1.3 Cup Water Added Gradually
How to make Methi Pakoda recipe | How to make Methi Bhajiya recipe:
- Take a bowl and add 1 ½ cup fresh chopped methi.
- Add 1 cup chopped coriander leaves.
- Add 1 cup chopped palak.
- Add 1 cup chopped spring onions, 1 ½ cup chopped onions.
- Add 2 tbsp. grated ginger, 1/3 cup chopped garlic, and ½ cup chopped green chilies.
- Add salt as per taste, 1 tbsp. black paper powder.
- Add 5 cup gram flour. Add gradually.
- Add 1 tbsp. soda bi carb then add 3 tbsp. lemon juice on the soda bi carb. Mix all together.
- Add 1/3 cup water. Add more water if required.
- Take a pan and add oil. After that take small portion of gram flour batter and put it in hot oil. Deep fry the pakoda. Make it golder brown color.
- Serve it with tomato ketch up and green chutney.
- If you want more crispness, than add some rice flour.
- The amount of spice can be less or more as per your taste.
- Take care of the Batter consistency. It should be in medium consistency. If the batter becomes too thin, add some gram flour. If it became too thick, add some water.
- Any greens should be washed thoroughly before chopping. This is to get rid of find sand particles if any in the methi leaves.
- Always fry gota on medium heat, and keep moving them to get it golden brown from all sides. If you fry them on higher heat then they stays raw from inside. It is very awful to eat raw besan.
How to make Methi Pakoda recipe | how to make Methi Bhajiya recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take a bowl and add 1 ½ cup fresh chopped methi.
2. Add 1 cup chopped coriander leaves.
3. Add 1 cup chopped palak.
4. Add 1 cup chopped spring onions, 1 ½ cup chopped onions.
5. Add 2 tbsp. grated ginger, 1/3 cup chopped garlic, and ½ cup chopped green chilies.
6. Add salt as per taste, 1 tbsp. black paper powder.
7. Add 5 cup gram flour. Add gradually.
8. Add 1 tbsp. soda bi carb then add 3 tbsp. lemon juice on the soda bi carb. Mix all together.
9. Add 1/3 cup water. Add more water if required.
10. Take a pan and add oil. After that take small portion of gram flour batter and put it in hot oil. Deep fry the pakoda. Make it golder brown color.
11. Serve it with tomato ketch up and green chutney.