Table of Contents
This kacchi dabeli recipe is an extremely popular Gujarati street food snack recipe made with Indian pav bread and stuffed with a unique blend of masala, onions, sev and spiced peanuts.
Dabeli is also called as kutchi dabeli or kachchhi dabeli or kacchi dabeli. This recipe looks very similar to the maharashtrian vada pav snack but has a combination of taste and flavour in it.
kacchi dabeli is spicy, tangy and sweet potatoes filling inside the bun more specifically the Indian bun – called as pav, sprinkled with a spicy green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney and some pomegranate, onions and sev (fried gram flour vermicelli).
This Kacchi dabeli recipe is a go-to snack if you have everything ready. Or else spend some time in making the dabeli masala and the chutneys.
Generally, dabeli snack is consumed as an evening snack with a cup of tea or coffee, but can also be consumed for morning breakfast and noon lunch.
Dabeli is one of the easiest recipe to make at home too. It also is a great party appetizer to serve during tea parties, kitty parties, book club meetings and casual get together.
Kacchi dabeli Video Recipe :
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 100 Gm Ready made Dabeli Masala
- 500 Gm Boiled Mashed Potatoes
- 1 - tamarind chutney
- 1 - Green chutney
- 1 - Onion cutting
- 1 - Masala Peanutes
- 1 - Sev
- 1 - Pomegranate Seeds
How to make Kacchi dabeli | Homemade Kachhi dabeli | Kutchi dabeli recipe:
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp. oil.
- Add 100 gm readymade dabeli masala.
- Add 500 gm boiled mashed potatoes. Mix it well.
- Take a pav and make cut in center.
- Spread tamarind chutney.
- Spread up side green chutney.
- Add dabeli mixture.
- Add some chopped onions, masala peanuts.
- Again, fill the dabeli mixture. Then make sev-coated dabeli. Then add some pomegranate seeds.
- Take a tawa and add 1 tbsp. oil then put dabeli and make warm it. Roast it both side.
- Serve it with green chutney and date chutney.
- Other variation is to add pav bhaji masala instead of dabeli masala. The dabeli will still taste good.
- You can prepare the masala powder in large quantity and store in an airtight container.
- Stuff the aloo mixture and toast just before serving.
- Add some sugar powder to get extra flavour.
How to make Kacchi dabeli | Homemade Kachhi dabeli | Kutchi dabeli recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take a pan and add 2 tbsp. oil.
2. Add 100 gm readymade dabeli masala.
3. Add 500 gm boiled mashed potatoes. Mix it well.
4. Take a pav and make cut in center.
5. Spread tamarind chutney.
6. Spread up side green chutney.
7. Add dabeli mixture.
8. Add some chopped onions, masala peanuts.
9. Again, fill the dabeli mixture. Then make sev-coated dabeli. Then add some pomegranate seeds.
10. Take a tawa and add 1 tbsp. oil then put dabeli and make warm it. Roast it both side.
11. Serve it with green chutney and date chutney.