Mango Shrikhand | Amrakhand | Homemade Mango Shrikhand
Mango shrikhand, also popularly known as Amrakhand or Keri Matho is a delicious fruity twist to your traditional shrikhand. It is prepared with 5 simple ingredients – yogurt, mangoes, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and crushed dry fruits. It is silky smooth, sweet and a breeze to make.
While the mangoes add a beautiful sweet flavor, ground cardamom adds a distinct and unique taste and saffron adds richness with a pop of color. This is a no-cook, no-fail recipe which anyone can make at home.
Shrikhand is a very common yogurt based sweet dish but a traditional maharashtrian recipe or Gujarati recipe. We always have shrikhand with pooris, prepared from hung curd / dahi ka chakka.
The mango shrikhand tastes so good. For making mango shrikhand, always use fresh yogurt. Homemade yogurt is the best. The fresh homemade curd is used to make hung curd.
It’s the season of fresh and juicy mangoes, here the delicious mango shrikhand recipe that you need to try at home. It is typically served as dessert after meal during summer but also popularly served with poori and chapatis.
how to make Mango Shrikhand | Amrakhand | Homemade Mango Shrikhand recipe with step by step photo:
- Take simple cotton cloth.
- Take 2 ½ cup curd and Stain it.
- Separate the all water content into curd by staining the curd.
- Rest it for 3-4 hours for draining the water from curd. After 3-4 hours all water content is depart from curd and crud become sticky and hung.
- Take hang crud in bowl and give it some shake.
- Add 1 cup mango puree into hang curd.
- Also, Add ½ cup sugar in it.
- Mix it well and make smooth paste of curd and mango puree. add 1 tbsp. cardamom powder.
- Furthermore, add some dry fruit and mix it nicely.
- Put out shrikhand in bowl for serving.
- Decorate with dry fruit and mango crush.
- You can make any other shrikhand in a similar way.
- Even dry fruits of your choice can be added to this shrikhand.
- You can also use tinned mangoes or mango pulp.
- Never use a blender to mix the yogurt with mango puree. It will make the consistency of the shrikhand very thin. Always use a wire whisk to mix everything.
- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 21.2 Cup
- 1 Cup
- Mango Puree
- 1.2 Cup
- Sugar Powder
- 1.2 Tsp
- Cardamom Powder
- 10 -
- Dry Fruits