Table of Contents
Do you know, how to make sweet corn chivda at home? If not, let’s make some unique recipe is sweet corn chivda. This chivda is famous for its crunchiness and crispiness. This recipe is made with sweet corn [Desi makai] and some seasonings.
This corn chivda is a Gujarati snack that is eaten at Diwali or other festivals. This quick corn chivda recipe is very tasty and crispy. It is also known as “makai ka chivda”, “Makki ka chivda” and especially in Gujarat called “makai no chevdo”.
Anytime you are in good mood and want something spicy, sour, and satisfying snacks, this sweet corn chivda will help you. It is a very quick and easy snack to make. The key element of this recipe is you can make this Corn Chivda without Frying.
With this recipe, you know the Makai No Chevdo Banavani Rit which gives you easy steps to make Corn Chivda without frying. This sweet corn chivda or Makai Ka Chivda is served as a party starter or kid’s tea time break snack recipe.
The taste of makai ka chevdo is medium spicy with a perfectly balanced sweet and tangy taste. You can easily customize this sweet corn chivda recipe with many variations. So make this sweet corn chivda at home effortlessly with fewer ingredients and time.
corn chivda video recipe
- 3 - sweet corn
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1.2 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1.2 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1.2 Tbsp asafoetida
- 6 - Fresh Curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dhaiya powder
- 1.2 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1.2 Tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1.2 Tbsp lemon juice
How to make Sweet Corn Chivda Recipe recipe:
- Take a 3 sweet corn [Desi makai].
- Take out the seeds form corn.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add ½ tbsp mustard seeds and ½ tbsp cumin seeds. Also add pinch asafoetida.
- Add some curry leaves.
- Add corn seeds. Mix it well. Add salt as per taste.
- Cover the lid and cook it till 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp dhaniya powder, ½ tbsp turmeric powder.
- Add 1 tbsp red chili powder. Mix well.
- Cover it again and cook for 5-7 minutes and cook until corn seeds absolve the spices.
- Add ½ tbsp lemon juices. Give a quick mix.
- Now this sweet corn chivda is ready to serve.
- This dish can be stored for up to a week and can be savored at room temperature or hot! So delicious, it is certain to please you and your family.
- You can add more red chili powder and turmeric powder as per your taste.
- In this chivda recipe, you can add boiled sweet corn in this recipe.
How to make Sweet Corn Chivda Recipe with step by step photos:
1. Take 3 sweet corn [Desi makai].
2. Take out the seeds form corn.
3. Take a pan and add 2 tbsp oil.
4. Add ½ tbsp mustard seeds and ½ tbsp cumin seeds. Also add pinch asafoetida.
5. Add some curry leaves.
6. Add corn seeds. Mix it well. Add salt as per taste.
7. Cover the lid and cook it till 10-15 minutes.
8. Add 1 tbsp dhaniya powder, ½ tbsp turmeric powder.
9. Add 1 tbsp red chili powder. Mix well.
10. Cover it again and cook for 5-7 minutes and cook until corn seeds absolve the spices.
11. Add ½ tbsp lemon juices. Give a quick mix.
12. Now this sweet corn chivda is ready to serve.